Friday, July 2, 2010

Film Disappointments

Movies I hate hearing about:
Twilight (unless it's to bash)
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief -NEW-
The Last Airbender -NEW-

Movies I hear about on a daily basis:
Twilight (and not to bash)
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief -NEW-
The Last Airbender -NEW-

Except for Twilight, 97% of the feedback I hear for the above films is negative... and I haven't even seen them. I'm all for film-bashing where film-bashing is due, but when you haven't even seen the film, it gets a little old... and more than a little annoying. So I become the nod-and-smiler of the group.

Person 1: “They COMPLETELY RUINED the story! Clarissa and Anna Beth WERE THE SAME PERSON!”
Person 2: “I know...”
Me: “*nods and smiles*”

Person 1: “There was NO STORY! No ROOM FOR CHARACTER GROWTH!”
Person 2: “I thought the voice was very similar to the original.”
Person 1: “Are you STUPID?!”
Me: “*nods and smiles*”
Person 1: “Why are you smiling? It's not funny.”

Waste-of-Space-Person: “Why don't the Twilight actors show emotions?”
Me: “You're just noticing this NOW?!”

Yeah. I can go on for hours about Twilight. I could have my own stand-up comedienne show about Twilight and it's many short-comings. I strongly suspect that Greasy McNoBath and Slutty McDeadEyes are doing this on purpose... just to make me happy. I really think this. There's no other explanation for why their performance is so awful.

No, I lied. There's another explanation: They are bad actors.

My own personal book-to-movie horror story involves Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, which, sadly, became The Secret of NIMH, featuring magic and crap.

“?!!!” said child-me.

Still difficult to retell. Here: have a funny.

No comments: