Friday, October 3, 2008

Hakuna Matata

People generally say "I'm an open-minded person... but I hate ____". Like that makes a difference to anyone but your conscious. Whenever I hear someone say anything along those lines, I'm always reminded of the Peanuts comic where Linus says to Lucy, "I love mankind! It's people I can't stand."

I'm not an open-minded person; I don't mind transvestites, and I don't mind lesbians or gay men, and I don't care if you're into bondage or being dressed up as a pink bunny during sex, but I hate people who are opposed to such things for no apparent reason other than, "It's not something I understand". Segregating another human being because of something you don't understand is one of the fundamental elements of a close-minded person. So I don't call myself open-minded or close-minded. I'm more... partially-open-for-business-no-solicitors-minded.

No comments: