Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Soundtrack of My Life

Recently (and, by recently, I mean: four months ago) I "rediscovered" my passionate, not-so-well-meaning, and very passive love of Slipknot. Even if I hadn't listened to them for some time, I would call myself a maggot in passing. To fans of Lady Gaga, I would explain, "You are a monster, I am a maggot," all the while thinking, teeth gritted, "and my group could kick your group's ass." True story. But I no longer listen to them when I'm upset... mostly because I'm not upset so very often anymore.

For an idea of what kind of music I listen to on a daily basis, let's go to my iPhone Youtube history (a log of the non-iTunes songs I listen to). This is listed in order of listening, not liking.

Duality - Slipknot
Left Behind - Slipknot
Tick-Tock - Ke$ha
What the Hell - Avril Lavigne
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns and Roses
Kaboom - Marilyn Manson
(sic) - Slipknot
You Spin Me Around - Dope
You're Going Down - Sick Puppies
Albannach at the Edinburgh Festival
My Immortal (rock remix) - Evanescence
Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
Circle of Life - Lion King
Songbird - Fleetwood Mac
Broken - Seether featuring Amy Lee
Yeah - Usher
Engel - Rammstein
Misery Loves Company - Emilie Autumn

Okay, so that's a lot of Slipknot... but it's actually much more diverse than it used to be. I mean, Usher and Avril Lavigne and - for crying out loud - Ke$sha are in there. I call that personal growth.

No comments: